Alert Level 4 Restrictions are now in place.
Mackenzie District Council is working closely with the Health Authorities and central Government to ensure we respond appropriately. Please be assured that we have systems and processes in place to ensure that essential services will be available during Level 4 Restrictions.
Government agencies are working together to ensure that all relevant information is available easily and in one place. We advise that you follow only this official information and exercise caution when reading information on social media or in the press.
NZ Government Coronavirus advice: NZ Government Coronavirus Website
Ministry of Health advice: Ministry of Health COVID-19 Website
For welfare information please visit our Civil Defence Incident Page.
Please see information below on changes to Council activities which apply during Level 4 Restrictions.
Advice from Government is being amended as issues come to light and therefore this information may change at any time.
Drinking water and wastewater services will operate as normal.
Red bin (refuse) will be collected on the usual day.
Glass (blue container) will be collected on the same day as your red bin.
Yellow bin collections are suspended during Level 4 (the receiving centres are closed).
Please click here to see the collection schedule for your area.
Resource & Recovery Parks
Resource and Recovery Parks are closed.
Essential maintenance will continue. Re-sealing and upgrades are suspended during Level 4 restrictions.
All pools are closed.
All Council operated community halls are closed.
Libraries in Fairlie & Twizel are operated by the schools and are also closed.
All toilets are closed except in the three townships - Twizel, Fairlie and Tekapo.
These will close after the domestic travel extension ends on Friday.
Parks are open however please follow the Government advice when exercising and stay at least 2m away from people you are not self-isolating with.
Building consents and inspections are available for essential repairs. Details of how to contact the building team will be posted here shortly.
There will be some changes to process - please watch this space for further information.
Liquor licensing is administered on behalf of the Mackenzie District Council by Timaru District Council.
For Businesses that are open during lockdown (ie essential services):
- You are still able to apply for the following licenses and we will process them as follows:
- OFF licence renewals - lodge your applications via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) and you pay online using the details on the invoices you should have received with your renewal paperwork.
- MANAGERS CERTS - Renewals can be lodged as per above
- MANAGERS CERTS - New applications to ensure you have adequate coverage of staff can be lodged as per above. Regarding payment the fee is $316.25 per manager. You will need to pay the fee online (account 02-0888-0269159-00) and use the District and Last Name in the particulars we can link the payment to the paperwork. When you lodge the paperwork if you can advise us when you paid the fee please.
For businesses that are not open during lockdown (non-essential services)
- You are still able to submit your renewal paperwork as per above including renewals for ON/CLUB premises however these will not be 'issued' until we are out of 'Alert Level 4'.
Please note the District Licensing Committee will only be processing applications for businesses that are open and applications deemed to be urgent. All other applications will be placed on hold until we are no longer 'Alert Level 4'
If you have any questions please feel free to contact the team via email at email@example.com and we will endeavour to get back to you ASAP. Alternatively you can contact Sharon Hoogenraad (Chief Licensing Inspector) on 027 659 2752. Please be aware that in this ever evolving climate things are continuously changing so as soon as we hear anything new we will keep you posted.
Please contact customer services on (03) 685 9010.